Neelam (Blue Sapphire)
It is the birthstone for sunsign Virgo. According to Vedic Astrology, Neelam is the rashi ratna for Capricorn and Aquarius. Blue Sapphire strengthens Saturn (Shani) and hence helps gain prosperity in business, wealth, sharpness of the mind and self-confidence. Ascendants of Taurus, Libra, Gemini and Virgo can also wear the Blue Sapphire gemstone.
1. Blue Sapphire helps reduce the malefic effects of Saturn (Shani) in one's horoscope.
2. Blue Sapphire helps you extract the maximum out of every favorable situation. It sends fortune, luck and auspicious situations to your way.
3. It is extremely beneficial for business and trade. If Blue Sapphire suits you, then it will shower riches and prosperity in your life.
4. Businesses dealing in Oils, fuel, paint, iron, tools etc. receive the maximum astrological benefits of Blue sapphire.
5. It ensures the overall health and strength of the knees, legs and hair of its wearer.
6. Saturn (shani) is known as 'Nyaayadheesh' or the 'Lord of Justice' in Hindu mythology. Therefore, Blue Sapphire is very beneficial for people who are lawyers, judges or hold important decision-making positions.
7. It brings wealth, name and fame, good stamina, longevity and security in life. Can improve fertility in barren women. Best suited for lovers for joy, love and happiness. It cures fainting fits, virility, mental disorder, deafness and baldness.
How to Use
Blue sapphire should be worn in a gold or Ashtadhaatu ring or locket on a Saturday moring and the weight should be 4 to 7 carats. Before wearing it, the person should have bath and should wash the ring or locket with raw milk and worship with Dhoopa, Deep, flowers and Akshata with contemplation of Saturn or Shankara having been west facing. The ring should be worn on middle finger.
मन्त्र: “ॐ शनैश्चराय नमः” I