Panna is the birthstone for Virgo (Kanya) sunsign (23 Aug-23 Sep) and is the rashi ratna for Gemini (Mithuna). Ascendants of Taurus, Libra, Capricorn and Aquarius can also wear the Emerald gemstone. Emerald strengthens Mercury (Buddh) which showers upon its wearer Wit, Creativity, Art, Prosperity, Wealth, Health, Agility and a very Sharp Mind.
1. Emerald strengthens Mercury (Buddh) which is a benefic planet. It gives its wearer Intelligence, Wit and Quick Learning Ability.
2. It is also beneficial for business and trade, especially those which are related to communication, conveyance, connections and networks.
3. Emerald grants its wearer creativity and helps talented and artistic people achieve success.
4. It ensures the overall health and strength of the green colored components of the human body e.g nerves, veins etc.
5. Mercury (Buddh) is known as 'Vaani-kaarak'or the 'Agent of Speech' in Hindu mythology. Therefore, Emerald bestows fluency, public speaking skills, confident voice and oratory upon its wearer.
6. Emerald is very favorable in matters of education. It grants mental agility and is believed to be very auspicious till under-graduate level degree.
How to use
It should be worn in little finger of right hand in gold and the weight should be 3-7 carat and should be worn on Wednesday after having bath, washing the ring or locket with raw milk and worshiping with Dhoopa, Deep, flowers and Akshata with contemplation of Mercury or Lakshmi having been north facing with the recitation of the following Mantra.
मन्त्र: “ॐ बं बुधाय नमः” I